Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Last Night in Boulder!

Tonight is my last night in Boulder.  Very, very early tomorrow morning I will leave for DIA, and be on my way to the Bahamas.  I can't believe it's really here!  Packing has been an adventure in its own right.  I would be helpless without my sister Carrie - as an SAS alumni, I basically depended on her to make sure I packed everything I needed.  Even with her help, I still feel like I must be forgetting some very important things.... Oh, well.

What do you do with your last day?  I won't be back in Boulder until early May.  I should make the most of it so I... spent two hours at Urgent Care, in typical Szoke fashion.  Last night, I managed to knock my elbow into my closet doorframe... incredibly hard.  This sounds ridiculous, but it hurt really, really badly.  Then today my elbow still hurt pretty badly and my pinky and ring finger were numb.  Normally, I would ignore stuff like this, at least for a couple of days, but with my flight so early tomorrow, we decided to take no chances.  The result was two hours at Urgent Care, with the vast majority of that time spent only waiting.  The good news, though, is that my elbow is not fractured or broken - i just have swelling around the nerve, causing the numbness.  Could have done without that whole thing though...


I anticipate very little sleep tonight - I want to try to see all my friends, and hang out with my family.  The current plan is a family dinner while watching the Broncos game (although I'm actually more excited about tomorrow's Giants-Packers game), then trying to meet up with all my friends.  It's sad to leave everyone behind, but it still can't take away from my excitement for SAS.  I feel like an added bonus from this experience will be greater appreciation for my home and life in Boulder.  I'm very excited for this trip - but also very excited that I have such a good life to return to. 

1 comment:

  1. The good news is that you got your ER trip out of the way early - every Szoke has one while studying abroad. And yes, one if the best parts of going away is seeing that view of the Flatirons as you come down the hill into Boulder on 36. Hope you're having fun in the Bahamas!!

    ReplyDelete